Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Alpha & Omega


Jared Deal is curating a group art show called "Shady Characters" in Brooklyn NYC. It's on July 28th at the " Live with Animals" Gallery. You can check out his blog for more info, ( I'm sure most of you already have ) - if not you can link to him on the left. There is a whole schwak of wicked artists taking part in this show....some real pro's...

I went with more of a theological route with " Alpha & Omega ". These two ladies are about as shady as you can get. The unanswerable questions of who started what and when its gonna end, and where the end is and when the beginning began is all a cloudy, uncertain, shady mess isn't it? The concepts of good and evil and the choices we make daily for an uncertain end, and perhaps an even more uncertain beginning elsewhere?

I tried to go as non digital as I could, so it's going to be a dual piece. One framed image of my original sketch on butcher paper, with an additional framed image of a really nice print on watercolor paper from an offset printer. A nice old school ink print done by some big shaky loud toxic metal machine! YO!!

Above is a black color seperation for the printing machine. OG art and the final Offset print can be see at the show! Check it out if you can!

13 comments:

dizzlesauce said...

awesome work bud ! really nice feel to this one...sounds like a cool art show !

geenpool said...

damn dood!!!! that's feckin' awesome!! Maybe I'll have you design my next tattoo...or maybe i'll just steal elements of this one and stuff...shit dog...you are goot. Love the ladies.

paublo said...

this is killer shit schmiddy!! i want a print

darren-s said...

I really like these sexy lady drawings you've been doing. Nice work.

Mega said...

this is real wicked man! you goin to the show? wish i could go.... whats this done with? you said traditional, is it inked?

Pat Pakula said...

hot shit baby! wheres my print sucka

the doodlers said...

Whoa-'d make one cool tattoo.

Schmiddy said...

Hey thanks guys!

D- thanks man, yeah it looks like a wicked show for sure! Wish I could go too...

Gene- I see you have been up to drawing some beautiful ladies as well...noice!!!

Paulskis- you are a very kind man.
I miss your scent. And your gravelly voice. " You guys already went out for lunch!"

Darren- thanks buddy. Still want to see more of your guache paintings though

Mega- hey! Thanks! Nah, I cant go to the show either, wish I could...If I wasnt so swamped i would probably be flying down for it as we speak. Your pieces look sooo sweet too, holy crap..
This one was drawn up, inked and then cleaned up digitally. Then it was transfered to a metal plate and then printed up with an offset printer. What you see on the blog is the final cleaned up image that they burned on to the plate.

Pat-Im buying one of yours buddy!

the doodlers- haha yeah maybe...you buying? just kidding.

g-fifty said...

i like bush.

Clio said...

Awesome as usual, Kevin! Did you get the chance to go over some with gouache?

g-fifty said...

bush.

RÃ¥nny said...

Wow, thats beautiful, Kevin, I love it! Congrats on the show :)

Sonja said...

Kevin! That's amazing!